Monday, December 17, 2012

long December weekend

It was a long weekend and it didn't even really get crazy until Saturday! KG had his beer club party Friday night, so we slept in on Saturday... well, as late as you can with kiddos.

We left for YaYa & Pappy's around 330 for their friend Christmas party, and the girls were so excited to get to YaYa & Pappy's house! Since we left so late in the afternoon, the girls napped before we headed out... and there were some crazy things happening!

Kyler was under that lady bug pillow and the play mat...

When I picked those things up, this was her underneath...

And Kate was completely naked! Diaper and all!!


There is just something wonderful about being at home around Christmas... My parent's house is always so warm and festive. I love it!


The girls went outside to the fire pit for a little bit, but didn't really stay long!

And Aunt Becca made them special decorated cookies for after dinner...

A little Sunday morning snuggles with Pappy & Kyler!

Sunday I got up and headed to Dallas. I met up with my dear friend Keisha and we did a little Christmas shopping. Eventually we just gave up and went for some drinks and dinner! Drew came over and met us for dinner and it was so great to hang out with two of my dearest friends!!! Not to mention we had dinner at Mi Cocina which surely meant Mambo Taxis!!! And after dinner, Keisha and I got some snacks from the 7-11 and headed to her place to watch the very important Ashley & JP's Wedding!!!! Honestly, that was the whole reason for my trip to Dallas. Keish is my Bach franchise watching partner, and we had to celebrate the big wedding!!!


Dinner view...

DREW!

Meanwhile at YaYa & Pappy's house...


I got up on Monday morning and drove back to Gville, picked up the girls and KG, and headed back to CS. We had a little Christmas tree play time...


And I let the girls play with their Christmas cards and stickers that came in the mail from YaYa & Pappy!

And if that wasn't enough, they made a little chalk drawing for me on my kitchen cabinets!!!

Crazy weekend and Kate seems to be sick again, even though she is on antibiotic. Runny watery eyes and runny nose. Plus super grouchy.

Here we go...

No comments: