Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Great Wolf Lodge

My mom and dad decided they wanted to take the girls to Great Wolf Lodge, so they got a big room and all six of us went together. To say the girls had a great time would be an understatement. They didn't nap well while we were there, and I think we were all beat after just two nights there! I think as they get older, it will be even more fun!

Our first night there we went over to Bass Pro Shops and had dinner at the restaurant there. KG and I actually had dinner there on our one year anniversary, and this is the first time I'd been back. You better believe little Kate did some work on her popcorn shrimp!

Then we spent a long time in Bass Pro Shop... I hadn't really ever been there at Christmas, and the girls were just in awe of everything.

{KM}


{KM}



I'm not sure I have the words to describe how much the girls LOVED the carousel. They rode it so many times! And were so excited! Check out the smiles on Kyler's face!!!



They also loved these things... maybe they should get their daddy to buy them one.


The next morning we hit the water park. I was really nervous about Kate. She's not really ever been a huge fan of being in the water, so I wasn't sure what to expect. She was definitely more cautious than Kyler, but she got better and better and ended up doing great and having a great time!!! She did clench on to anyone's hand she could most of the time though.




Kyler was the kid with no fear and she loved every. single. second.


Her daddy even took her over into the deep, adult pool and she couldn't have been happier!








Pappy took Kate over, and she just wasn't really very excited about any of it...


Not even with daddy...

Kyler livin it up with Pappy!

  
Kate was much happier once she was handed over to me and out of the pool!!!



We took a little lunch break for the girls...







Back at it for a little longer, and then it was nap time. Which no one really took.

We decided after the nap time fail (and Kate's incredibly dried out skin), that we would skip the water for the afternoon and evening. So we bundled up, and Kate stole my Starbucks... (its just hot chocolate... I'm not giving my kid coffee.)

And yes, we went back to Bass Pro Shop... it is just too much fun!!!
{EK}

{KM}







We also made a stop over at the Gaylord Texan. We didn't do the big Ice exhibit, but we did walk around the atrium and check out all the trees and trains and the girls semi-enjoyed it (no nap was starting to wear us down).



We left and had dinner at Carrabba's, which included pretty good meltdowns by the girls, and quickly headed back to Great Wolf. We played in the arcade for a little bit, and semi-listened to the bedtime story, and that was the end of our day. For all of us!


The next morning we played in the arcade for what seemed like forever. (and when I say played... I mean, the girls walked around and climbed in things and pushed buttons. They have no concept of the fact that you can put money in and win stuff. So huge win for us this trip!!!)




We finally left Great Wolf and headed over to have lunch at the Rainforest Cafe. I've wanted to take the girls for a while now, and they seemed to be impressed by it. It was a little freaky to me, but hey, the girls did good.


And that was it. Our Great Wolf Lodge trip. It really was a great, albeit exhausting, trip. But I think it will just get better and more enjoyable as the girls get older. The lodge definitely does things right and caters to the kiddos! Hope we have a chance to go back again!!!

No comments: